Introduction: The School of Sciences, established in 2012 to impart quality education in various disciplines of science through Open and Distance Learning mode. The School offers B.Sc. with different subject combinations and M.Sc. in different subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Botany). At present the University has MOU with B. R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad, and Vardhaman Mahavir Open University, Kota for providing study material for M.Sc. and B.Sc. degree programme. The school is in the process of development of its own study material. With the firm belief that practical is an essential parts of science education, the different departments of the school organize practical workshops at various science study centers of the university to provide additional support to students. Under the guidance of renowned Director, Prof Durgesh Pant, today the School of Sciences has become one of the main constituents of the University with a large number of science students.
- Departments of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Environmental Sciences
The functions of the School:
1. Plan, develop and offer academic programmes at the diploma, undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels.
2. Collaborate in the development of programmes/ courses with other Universities.
3. Provide learner support using video lecture, radio talks, electronic media and ICT tools.
4. Participate in the development and monitoring of student support services.
5. Organize and participate in workshops, conferences and seminars.
The School has highly qualified, experienced, specialized and dedicated faculty, who have obtained postgraduate and research degrees from reputed Indian universities. Some of them have also served other Indian universities with distinction. The faculty keeps themselves abreast with the latest developments in their respective disciplines. The faculty has regularly been participating in seminars and conferences at national and international levels and has carved out a significant niche for themselves in their own fields. The Director, Prof Pant, always inspires the faculty to continue research besides working on unit writing, assignments, conducting workshops and other academic works.
School Faculty Members
- Dr Kamal Devlal, Assistant Professor, Physics
- Dr. Charu C. Pant, Academic Associate, Chemistry
- Dr. Pooja Juyal, Academic Associate, Botany
- Dr Ranju Joshi Pandey, Academic Associate, Geography
- Dr. Shyam Kunjwal, Academic Associate, Zoology