Professional hospitality education and training today have assumed significance catering to the global hospitality industry and other service sectors. Hospitality business is poised to create many new jobs, requiring appropriate education and training at all levels in this specialized sector of education. Teaching in this specialized area integrates both education and training to create and equip both supervisory level and entry level through a mix of education and training activities. The requirement in this modern arena is to provide a trained manpower in Tourism, and Hospitality & Hotel Administration. The basic objectives of these programmes are to provide certificate to:
- Persons who are in job and want to upgrade their qualifications.
- Persons who live in remote areas & hilly terrains where not many options of Pursuing higher education are available.
- The aspirants who wish to upgrade their knowledge through distance mode due to many reasons.
Opportunities in the field of tourism and hotel management exist with government tourism departments as well as in the private sector with travel agencies, civil aviation, tour operators and as free lancers. Self employment is a common feature in this sector.
The facilities proposed through norms and standards of this programme shall cater to delivery of the education and training of long and short duration programmes. The demand of the trained personnel in Tourism and Hospitality sectors on annual basis is huge and the objective is to provide training through standardized curriculum, not just for hotel and restaurant business but also for different spectrum of hospitality service sectors. Keeping this in view Uttarakhand Open University has started the academic programmes in Tourism, and Hospitality & Hotel Administration.
|1- Dr. Jatashanker R.P. Tiwari||Associate Professor|
|2- Dr. Akhilesh Singh||Assistant Professor|
|3- Dr. Subhash Ramola||Assistant Professor (AC)|
|4- Dr. Ashish Tamta||Assistant Professor (AC)|
|5- Priya Bora||Assistant Professor (AC)|
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management ( MTTM17 )
- Master of Hotel Management ( MHM17 )
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management ( BTTM17 )
- Bachelor of Hotel Management ( BHM17 )
- Diploma in Tourism Studies ( DTS17 )
- Diploma in Hotel Management ( DHM17 )