Designation: Assistant Professor (AC)
School : School of Sciences, Physics
Qualification: M.Sc.(Physics), Ph.D. (Physics)
Phone : 9758417736
Email : [email protected]
Dr. Rajesh Mathpal is working as an Assistant Professor AC (Physics) in the School of Sciences at Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani since August 2019. He did his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Physics (Astrophysics) from the Department of Physics, M.B. Govt. P.G. College, Haldwani.
Dr. Mathpal has published more than 13 research papers in reputed international/national journals.
He has attended several international/national conferences/workshops and presented his research work.
- “Association between GS with Solar Wind during 2000-2010” Rajesh Mathpal, Lalan Prasad, Hema Kharayat, C. Bhoj, Chandni Mathpal, Meena Pokhariya 2016, International Journal of Physics and Astronomy, 28 (1), 1184-1190, ISSN:2051-6851.
- “Relationship of High Speed Solar Wind Streams with Geomagnetic Field Variation During 2003–2005 of Solar Cycle 23” Rajesh Mathpal, Lalan Prasad, Hema, Chandani Mathpal, Meena Pokhariya, C. Bhoj 2016, Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, 6(3), 25-28, ISSN 0976-5727.
- “Association between Geomagnetic storm and solar wind” Rajesh Mathpal, Lalan Prasad. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts, Volume 6,Issue 1 March 2018. ISSN:2320-2882.
- “Association between averages HSSW & SSSW with Dst and proton flux during 2005 – 2009” Rajesh Mathpal 1 , Lalan Prasad 1 , Hema Kharayat 1 , C Bhoj 1 , Chandni Mathpal 1 and Meena Pokharia 1 . International Journal of Development Research, Vol. 08, Issue, 01, pp.18545-18547,January, 2018. ISSN: 2230-9926.
- A Comparative Study of SSN and DST for Solar Cycle 23 And 24. Rajesh Mathpal, Lalan Prasad. (Submitted in Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy)
- “Association between Cosmic Ray Intensity, geomagnetic storm and Solar Wind Speed for the period 2000-2005”. Hema Kharayat, Lalan Prasad, Rajesh Mathpal (Published 2016, Journal of Science and Innovative Research)
- “Effect of Halo Coronal Mass Ejection on Cosmic Ray Intensity and Disturbance Storm- Time index for the Ascending Phase of the Solar Cycle 24”. Hema Kharayat, Lalan Prasad and Rajesh Mathpal. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS) – Volume-2, Issue-4,April 2016 ISSN: 2395-3470
- “Study of Cosmic Ray Intensity in Relationto the Interplanetary Magnetic Field and Geomagnetic Storms for Solar Cycle 23”. Hema Kharayat1 • Lalan Prasad1 • Rajesh Mathpal1 •Suman Garia1 • Beena Bhatt1 Solar Phys (2016) 291:603–611 DOI10.1007/s11207-016-0852-y.
- “Distribution of solar flares with respect to associated coronal mass ejection(CME) span during 1996 to 2012”. B. Bhatt, L. Prasad, Hema Mathpal, and R. Mathpal Astrophysics, Vol. 58, No. 3, September , 2015 DOI
- 1007/s10511-015-9395-4 10. “Association between the Solar Wind Speed, Interplanetary Magnetic Field and the Cosmic Ray Intensity for Solar Cycles 23 and 24”. Meena Pokhariya, Lalan Prasad, Chandni Mathpal, Chandrashekhar Bhoj , Hema Kharayat and Rajesh Mathpal J. Astrophys. Astr. (December 2017)
- “Association Between the Very Slow Speed Solar Wind Streams and the Cosmic Ray Intensity for Solar Cycle 24” (2008-2016). Meena Pokhariya, Lalan Prasad, Chandni Mathpal, Chandrashekhar Bhoj , Hema Kharayat and Rajesh Mathpal. Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, Vol.7(5), 162-165, May 2017 ISSN 2229-7596.
- “Space Weather Association with Sunspots and Geomagnetic Storms for Solar Cycle 23 (1996-2007) and Solar Cycle 24” (2008-2016). Chandrashekhar Bhoj, Lalan Prasad, Meena Pokhariya, Chandni Mathpal, Rajesh Mathpal. Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, Vol.7(4), 156-161, ISSN 2229-7596.
- “Study of Moderate, Intense and Severe Geomagnetic Storms in Relation to the Interplanetary Magnetic Field for Solar Cycle 24”. Chandni Mathpal, Lalan Prasad, Meena Pokharia, Chandrasekhar Bhoj, Rajesh Mathpal and Hema Kharayat, Journal of Pure Applied and Industrial Physics, Vol.7(11), 419-425, November 2017.
- “Forbush decrease correlated to Geomagnetic storm and Interplanetary magnetic field”.Chandrashekhar Bhoj, Lalan Prasad, Meena Pokhariya, Chandni Mathpal, Rajesh Mathpal. (Submitted to New Astronomy).