Designation: Assistant Professor
School : School of Humanities, Jyotish
Qualification: Acharya in Jyotish (Ganita) from BHU, M.A in Sanskrit from UOU, UGC NET/ JRF in Jyotish, Ph.D in Jyotish from BHU.
Phone : 05946-286063/9897797611
Email : [email protected]
Dr. Nandan Kumar Tiwari is currently working as a Senior Assistant Professor of Jyotish in the Dept. of Jyotish at School of Humanities, Uttarakhand Open University. He has completed his UG & PG in Ganit Jyotish from the Banaras Hindu University, in Varanasi. He passed also UGC-NET in Sanskrit Traditional Subjects (Jyotish). He has accomplished his Ph.D on the Topic - “Makrandprakashsya Samikshnam” from Banaras Hindu University. He has ten (10) years’ experience of teaching in Higher education institutions i.e. from 2012 to 2022.
Dr. Tiwari’s area of Specialization is Ganit Jyotish. He has been designing and preparing Course material in Distance mode of learning since last eight years. Besides designing and preparing course materials, he has also edited thirty eight (38) books and also written above two hundred (200) Units for the UG & PG level Programme of Jyotish & Karmkand. He not only accelerated the development of Jyotish Dept. but also introduced Diploma in Jyotish, Certificate in Jyotish, UG in Jyotish (as one of the Subjects), UG in Karmkand (as one of the Subjects) PG in Jyotish, Ph.D in Jyotish Programmes in the University.
He has presented over 40 Academic papers in various National and International Conferences and Seminars. Dr. Tiwari’s has also completed PG Course in Sanskrit from UOU, one Year Diploma Course in English and one Year Diploma Course in Yoga from BHU. He is presently working as the Head of The Department of Jyotish in UOU. He is also shouldering the additional responsibility of Coordinator of the BLIS in UOU. He prepared SILM of BLIS (One Year Programme).
Teaching Areas:- Ganit-Phalit and Samhita Jyotish, Vastu Shastra and Panchang.
Research Areas : Makarandprakash, Panchang, Suryasiddhant & Grahlaghvam.
Interests : Teaching, Writing, Horoscope reading, Vastu, Palmistry, Numerology and Music.
Research and Publications :-
Published Research Papers -
In National Research refereed Journals – 15
UGC Listed Journals - 4
In International Research refereed Journals – 10
Certificates of seminar with paper Presentation:-
- On India Level - 30
- On International Level – 10
- Orientation Programme – 01 Completed from UGC-HRDC Ranchi University, Ranchi (Dated- 7-03-2018 to 03-04-2018)
- Refresher Programme – 02 Completed from :-
1. UGC-HRDC Kumauon University, Nainital (Dated – 11-09-2019 to 24-09-2019)
2. UGC-HRDC H.P. University, Shimla (Dated- 11-07-2022 to 23-07-2022)
FDP – 01 Completed from UOU (Dated- 26- 30 June 2020).
PHD Guidance – 03 Scholars
Name of the Research Scholar
‘‘सप्तम भाव विमर्श’’
Major Research Project Work Experience –
1. UGC Sponsored Major Research Project work experience of two and half (2.5) years as ‘Project Fellow’ in the Dept. of Jyotish, Faculty of SVDV, Banaras Hindu University. From 7-9-2009 to 31-3-2012.
Project Title – “A critical Study on the Surya Siddhanta - For Almanac Purpose.”
This project was submitted in July 2012.
2. Worked as Content Writer, 32 Units written by me in UGC & MHRD Sponsored Major Research Project. Title- E-PG- Pathshala, (E-Content) for Ganit Jyotish. Paper Name – GRAHLAGHWAM. All these Units are uploaded on the UGC Website in E-PG Pathshala Portal.
- Completed Workshop on Text Translation in Dept. of Sanskrit, Faculty of Arts, Banaras Hindu University. Fifteen (15) Days. From – 14 November to 30 November 2011.
- Completed Workshop on LaTex: The Language of Scientific Writing in Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani Nainital. Two Days – 15-16 March 2013.
- Completed Workshop on Distance Education: Self Learning materials & Learner support in Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani Nainital for Four days. 19 - 22 March 2013.
- Completed Seven days (1-7 July 2020) online Workshop on “शोध की भारतीय व समकालीन दृष्टि” Collaboration in CC University Meerut, Rohilkhand University & Prajna Pravah, Pashchimi Uttar pradesh.
- Completed Seven days (5-11 Seppt. 2020) online Workshop on “भारतीय ज्ञानपरम्परा में संस्कृत की केन्द्रीय भूमिका” organized by BHU & UOU.
- Completed Seven days workshop on “कारकप्रकरणम्” organized by Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar.
Editor in chief
UGC listed Peer reviewed अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय शोध पत्रिका - ‘वेदचक्षु’, International Journal of Jyotish Research (ISSN No.–2456-4427) Publisher- Akinik Publication, Rohini, New Delhi.
अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय शोध पत्रिका - ‘अनन्ता’, International Journal of Sanskrit Research (ISSN No.– 2394-7519) Publisher- Tirupati Journal Solutions, Rohini, New Delhi.