Dr. Mukta Joshi is working as an Assistant Professor (AC) in Department of Zoology, School of Sciences at Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani since August 2019 to till date. She did her Ph.D. in Zoology from D.S.B. Campus, Kumaun University, Nainital. She has more than six years of teaching experience at UG and PG level in Kumaun University, Nainital and more than 15 years of research experience.
Research Area: Cytogenetics
Specialization: Cytogenetics (in Ph.D), Fish & Fishries (in M.Sc.)
Title of the Ph.D thesis: “Studies on the Systematics and Cytogenetics of the Drosophilids of Mukteshwar, Kumaun, India”
1. Joshi, M, Singh B. K. and Fartyal, R.S 2004. Drosophilid fauna of Mukteshwar in Kumaun Region of India. DIS-87.
2. Joshi, M, Fartyal and Singh B.K 2005. A report on two new and two unrecorded species of Drosophila From Mukteshwar, Kumaon, India (Diptera: Drosophilidae). Entomon 30(1): 75-84.
1. National seminar on “Response of Eco- Biological Components to the phenomenon of Global Warming (NSREG- 2009)” held at Department of Zoology, D.S.B Campus, Kumaun University, Nainital from 26 to 27th Sept. 2009.
2. National symposium on “ Impact of trends in climate change on bio-diversity and faunistic systems” held at Department of Zoology & Environment Sciences, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar from 19-20th 2010.
3. CRE Program on Approaches to Curriculum Development held at Uttarakhand Open University Haldwani and Rehabilitation Council of India from 10-14th Sept. 2019.
4. Two days Capacity Building Program on “Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Abuse” held at Uttarakhand Open University Haldwani and sponsored by National Institute of Social Defence, New Delhi from 26-27th Sept. 2019.
5. National Seminar on “Vocational Education and Open & Distance Learning” December 16, 2019, organized by School of Vocational Studies (UOU) in collaboration with Uttarakhand Science Education & Research Center (USERC), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Uttarakhand held at Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani.