Designation: Assistant Professor (AC)
School : School of Health Sciences, Home Science
Qualification: Ph.D. (Clothing and Textiles)
Email : [email protected]
Qualification: Ph.D. (Clothing and Textiles) in 2012 at G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand. Research work is on blending of milkweed floss with silk and lyocell fibres for production of green fabrics and weave designing
UGC NET: 2011
Area of Interest: Fibre blending, Dyeing and printing, Weaving, Indian Embroidery, Creative Craft
I. Research Paper in International Journal
1. Joshi, J. and Gahlot, M. 2011. Protective clothing for pesticide sprayers. Textile Asia. 42(5): 22. (ISSN: 0049-3554)
2. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2013. Milkweed offers textile industry an eco-friendly option. Textile Asia. 44(7): 20. (ISSN: 0049-3554).
3. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2015. Comfort aspects of milkweed/ mulberry silk blended fabrics. International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research. 13(2): 225- 227 (ISSN: 2349-8765)
4. Joshi, J. and Gahlot, M. 2016. Comparative study on comfort aspects of chemically finished and laminated protective clothing. Ecology, Environment and Conservation. 22 (June Supplement): S87-S90
5. Gahlot, M., Joshi, J. and Singh, J. 2017. Printing of silk fabric with natural dye (Acacia catechu) and gum (Cassia tora). International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research.15(3):206-209.
6. Gahlot, M., Joshi, J. and Bhatt, P. 2018.Assessment of physico-chemical properties of Himalayan nettle fibres. International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research.16(1):71-75.
II. Research Paper in National Journal and in National Conference
1. Joshi, J. and Gahlot, M. 2009. Application of finishes on cotton fabric for chemical
protective clothing. The Textile Magazine. 50(6): 82.
2. Joshi, J. and Gahlot, M. 2009. Optimization of water repellent finish for development of protective clothing and its efficiency assessment against agricultural pesticides. National Publications: Conference on Engineering for food and Bio- processing Feb 27- March 1, 2009, Pantnagar.
3. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2012. Evaluation of physical properties of lyocell fibre. Man-made Textiles in India. 40(8): 309.
4. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2013. Evaluation of Physico- Chemical Properties of Milkweed Floss. Man-made Textiles in India. 41(8): 265-268.
5. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2015. Assessment of Physical Properties of Milkweed floss/Mulberry silk blended yarns. Man-made Textiles in India. 43(8): 295-298.
6. Joshi, J., Singh, A. and Gahlot, M. 2015. Designing and Finishing of Protective Clothing with Renewable finish (starch) for pesticide applicators. Man-made Textiles in India. 43(11):460-463.
7. Gahlot, M., Singh, J. and Joshi, J. 2016. Efficacy of cotton printed fabric of cutch dye (Acacia catechu) using cassia tora gum. Man-made Textiles in India. 44(10):347-350.
8. Joshi, J. And Goel, A. 2018. Comfort properties of Milkweed floss/Lyocell blended green fabrics. Journal of Progressive Agriculture. 9(1):20-24.
9. Gahlot, M.;Joshi, J. And Singh, J. 2018. Eco-friendly printing of silk with natural dye (Rubia cordifolia) and starch (Mango kernal). Journal of progressive Agriculture. 9(1):20-24.
10. Gahlot, M.;Bhatt, P. And Joshi, J. 2018. Study on yield of plant extracts using different solvents and methods. Bulletin of environment, pharmacology and life sciences. 7(6):40- 42.
11. Gahlot, M.;Joshi, J.;Singh, J. and Bhatt, P. 2018. physical properties of Himalayan nettle cotton union fabrics. Journal of cotton research development. 32(2):306-310.
III. Review Paper in National Journal
1. Joshi, J. and Jahan, S. 2011. Basalt Fibre- Manufacturing and its application. China Textile Science. August (4): 41-43.
2. Joshi, J. and Gahlot, M. 2011. Advances in clothing physiology. Man Made Textiles in India. 39(7):228-232.
3. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2013. Milkweed Floss: An Unconventional Fiber. China Textile Science. February (1):39-40.
4. Joshi, J. and Goel, A. 2013. An Eco- Friendly Fibre: Lyocell. Textile Review. 8(3): 33-35.
5. Gahlot, M., Bhatt, Pooja and Joshi, J. 2017. Approach twards green fibre: Hemp Fibre. Journal of Progressive Agriculture. 8(2):119-122.