Dr. Pushpesh Joshi is working as an Assistant Professor (AC) in Botany department, School of Sciences, Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani. He completed M.Sc. from the Department of Biological Science, G. B. Pant Univ. of Ag. & Tech., Pant Nagar. Dr. Pushpesh Joshi has worked at Botanical Survey of India, Dehradun as Post Doctoral Fellow under Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose fellowship for Post Doctoral Studies instituted by MoEFCC on project entitled “Taxonomic Revision of Family Davalliaceae M.R. Schomb. ex A.B. Frank in India”. He has also revised family Ophioglossaceae Martinov for India as Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose Post Doctoral Fellow. Besides pursuing his Ph.D. work on topic entitled “Systematics of Fern Flora of Tehri Garhwal, Indian Central Himalaya”, he has also worked as Research Associate under NAIP sponsored project entitled “Enhancement of Livelihood Security through Sustainable Farming Systems and Related Farm Enterprises in North-West Himalaya” at G. B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, Kosi Katarmal, Almora, Uttarakhand. He has been actively engaged in floristic and revisionary studies of pteridophytes.
Dr. Pushpesh has published twenty six research papers, three book chapters and six popular articles on different aspects of biodiversity in various journals of national and international repute. He has enriched his knowledge by attending different workshops/ training program viz. Training on Cytology of Ferns, International code of Nomenclature, Field course on Plant Taxonomy, Classical and Modern Methods in Plant Taxonomy and Biosystematics etc. He is well versed in herbarium methodology and preservation techniques, and has sound knowledge of International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
Research Areas: Plant Taxonomy, Floristic & Revisionary study of Pteridophytes.
Award and Fellowships:
Fellow of Association of Plant Taxonomy (FAPT)
Award of Merit by Indian Fern Society (2018)
Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose fellowship for Post Doctoral Studies (2014-2016)
Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose fellowship for Post Doctoral Studies (2017-2020)
Life member of Association of Plant Taxonomy
Life member of Indian Fern Society
- Pande, H.C., Joshi, P., Brijesh Kumar and Dwivedi, H. (2011) Studies on spore morphology of Adiantum L. from Tehri district of Uttarakhand, Indian forester, 137(8): 1040-1042.
- Joshi, P., Brijesh Kumar, R. Kumar and H.C. Pande (2011) Pteridophytes of Budha Kedar and surrounding areas in Tehri district of Uttarakhand, Indian Journal of Forestry, 34(4): 479-482.
- Pande, H.C., Singh C., Brijesh Kumar, Diwivedi, H., and Joshi, P. (2010) Systematics of the Genus Phymatopteris Pic.-Serm. (Pteridophyte-Polypodiaceae) from Eastern Garhwal (Chamoli and Rudraprayag Districts) of Uttarakhand State, Journal of Non-Timber Forest Products, 17 (4): 495-502.
- Dwivedi, H., Brijesh Kumar, Joshi, P., and Pande, H.C. (2013) Athyrium drepanopterum (Kunze) A. Braunex Milde – An Addition to the state fern Flora of Himachal Pradesh, Indian Journal of Forestry, 36(3): 375-378.
- Joshi, P., Brijesh Kumar, Dwivedi, H., and Pande, H.C. (2013) Fern of Chandrabadni and surrounding areas in Tehri District, Uttarakhand, Journal of Non-Timber Forest Products, 20 (4): 285-290.
- Kumar, B., P. Joshi and H. Dwivedi (2013) Ecological studies on ferns of Garhwal Himalaya (Pauri) - A case study, e-Journal of Applied Forest Ecology, 1(2): 12-23.
- Joshi, P., Kumar, B., Dwivedi, H. And Singh, C. 2014.Conservation status and diversity of Ethnobotanically important ferns in Tehri district of Uttarakhand Himalaya. e-Journal of Applied Forest Ecology 3(1): 48-57.
- Kumar, B., P. Joshi, Kholia, B.S. and Srivastava, S.K. 2015. Extended distribution of the least Moon wart, Botrychium simplex E. Hitchcock. Indian J. Forestry 38(3): 241-243.
- Dwivedi, H., Joshi, P., Kumar, B., Srivastava, S.K. and Durgapal. 2015. A New locality record of two Athyroid ferns from Himachal Pradesh (Western Himalaya). Phytotaxonomy 15: 133-137.
- Joshi, P., Kumar, B., Shukla, A.N., and Srivastava, S.K. 2015. Vascular cryptogams of cold desert of Western Himalaya. Phytotaxonomy 15: 33-43.
- Singh, L.J., Kumar, B., Kholia, B.S., Joshi, P. 2016. Diplazium proliferum: An Addition to the Indian Pteridophytic Flora from Little Andaman J. Jap. Bot. 91: 61–64.
- Sharma, S., Kholia, B.S., Kumar B., Joshi, P. 2016. Addition to Pteridophytic Flora of Mizoram. Indian J. Forestry 39(1): 1-4.
- Singh C., Kumar B., Joshi P., Sahni S. 2016. Diversity of Ferns in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Research journal of life sciences, bioinformatics, Pharmaceutical and chemical sciences 2(2): 98-113.
- Joshi P., Kumar B., Srivastava A. & Sharma S. 2016. Note on Aberrant Form having Sori on Sterile Lamina in Botrychium lanuginosum Wall. ex Hook. & Grev. (Ophioglossaceae). Indian Journal of Plant Sciences 5 (3): 91-94.
- Joshi, P., Manikandan, R., Kumar, B., and Deroliya, P.K. 2016. Contribution to the Pteridophytic Flora of Govind Pashu Vihar Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand. lndian J. of Forestry. 39(3): 277-284.
- Singh, L.J., Kholia, B.S., Kumar, B., Joshi, P., Sharma, S. 2016. On the Occurrence of Thelypteris polycarpa (Blume) K. Iwats. In Andaman Island with a note on its Dispersal and Distribution in India. Indian Forester. 143 (12): 1234-1236.
- Singh, L.J., Kholia, B.S., Kumar, B., Joshi, P., Sharma, S. and Ebihara, A. 2016. Notes on the occurrence and distribution of some filmy ferns in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Keanean Journal of Science 5: 61-68.
- Mazumdar, J., Kumar, B., Joshi, P., and Sharma, S. 2017. Huperzia quasipolytrichoides (Lycopodiaceae) is found in India. Bionature 37(1): 56-57.
- Joshi, P., Kumar, B., and Dwivedi, H. 2017. Typification of name Botrychium lanuginosum (Ophioglossaceae). Phytotaxa 332(2): 199-200.
- Kumar, B., Joshi, P. 2017. Note on conservation of Cyathea spinulosa (Cyatheaceae) through religious practices in Uttarakhand. ENVIS Newsletter 22(2): 9-10.
- Phondani, P.C., Bhatt, I.D., Maikhuri, R.K., Kothyari, B.P., Bhatt, A., Purohit, V.K. and Joshi, P. 2019. Exploring floriculture potential for sustainable livelihood of subsistence communities in Indian Himalaya. Natl. Acad. Sci. Lett. (doi.org/10.1007/s40009-018-0660-z)
- Joshi, P., Kumar, V. and Kumar, B. 2015. Cheilanthes tenuifolia (Burm.) Sw.: An Addition to pteridophytic flora of Manipur, an Indo-Myanmar Biodiversity Hotspot Region. Annals of Forestry. 23(2): 127-130. [Published in 2018).