The basic objective of this course is to develop an understanding about the consumer decision making process and its applications in marketing function of firms.
Introduction to Consumer Research, Market Segmentation and Positioning Concepts, Consumer Motivation, Consumer Personality, Consumer Perception, Consumer Learning, Memory and Involvement, Consumer Attitudes, Attitude Change Strategies, Marketing Communications Process, Consumer and Cultural Influences, Social Class Influences and Consumer Behaviour, Group Influences and Consumer Behaviour, Household Decision Making, Communications within Group and Opinion Leadership, Innovations and the Diffusion Process, Consumer Decision Process, Situational Variables, Problem Recognition Information Search, Evaluation of Alternatives and Selection, Outlet Selection and Purchase, Post-purchase Action, Organisational Buyer Behaviour
- Leon G. Schiffman, Leslie Lazar Kanuk, “Consumer Behaviour”, Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2002.
- David L.Loudon, Albert J Della Bitta, “Consumer Behaviour”, McGraw Hill, New Delhi 2002.
- Jay D. Lindquist and M.Joseph sirgy, “Shopper, buyer & consumer Behaviour, Theory and Marketing application”, Biztantra Publication, New Delhi 2005.
- Sheth Mittal, “Consumer Behaviour A Managerial Perspective”, Thomson Asia (P) Ltd., Singapore, 2003.
- K.K.Srivastava, “Consumer Behaviour in Indian Context”, Goal Gotia Publishing Co, New Delhi 2002.
- S.L. Gupta & Sumitra Pal, “Consumer Behaviour an Indian Perspective”, Sultan Chand, New Delhi 2001.
- Ms.Raju, Dominique Xavedel, “Consumer behaviour, Concepts Applications and Cases”, Vikas publishing house (P) Ltd., New Delhi – 2004.
- Henry Assael, Consumer behaviour strategic approach Biztantra, New Delhi, 2005