This course aims at providing the students the understanding of advertising and sales promotion techniques for their effective application.
Introduction to Advertising: Advertising Classification, Functions and Benefits, Economic, Social and Ethical Issues, Client and Advertising Agency; Marketing Communications: Source, Message and Medium Factors, Consumer Behaviour Perspective, Advertising Response Process, Attention, Comprehension and Recall; Segmentation and Positioning: Brand Awareness, Brand Attitudes and Feelings, Brand Equity, Image and Personality, Advertising Objectives and Budget Allocation; Media Planning and Strategy: Media Evaluation, Support Media, The Internet; Creative Strategy-Planning and Development: Creative Strategy-Execution and Evaluation, Planning Advertising Campaign, Advertising Research; Sales Promotion: Sales Promotion and Consumer Behaviour, Sales Promotion Objectives and Budgeting, Sales Promotion Design Issues, Planning Guidelines and Evaluation; Sales Promotion Tools and Techniques
- Kenneth Clow. Donald Baack, “Integrated Advertisements, Promotion and Marketing communication”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2003.
- S.H.H.Kazmi, Satish K Batra, “Advertising & Sales Promotion”, Excel Books, New Delhi, 2001.
- George E Belch, Michel A Belch, “Advertising & Promotion”, McGraw Hill, Singapore, 1998.
- Julian Cummings, “Sales Promotion”, Kogan Page, London 1998.
- E.Betch and Michael, Advertising and Promotion, MC. Graw Hill