The objective of the course is to familiarize the students with the basics of computer, its operations, processing and storage and utility of information technology in managerial applications.
Introduction to Computer Concepts, Basic Computer Architecture, Input and Output Devices, Storage Media, Data Representation, Software Concepts, Operating Systems, Multimedia, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Word Processing, Spreadsheets concepts, Presentation Concepts and IT and Society.
- Rajaraman, V., “Principles of Computer Programming”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi.
- Rajaraman, V., “Computer Fundamentals”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi.
- Murthy C.S.V., “Fundamentals of Computer Technology”, Himalaya Publishers, Mumbai.
- Saxena S., “A first course in computers” , Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., 2003
- Kakkar and Sharma, “An Introduction to Computer”, Himalaya Publishers.
- Ray A. K, T Acharaya, Information Technology: Principles & Applications, PHI.
- Mohan P, Information Technology for Business, Himalaya Publication House