Dr. Jatashankar Ramprasad Tewari b. 1973
School of Tourism & Hotel Management
Ph.D. in Tourism and Hospitality Services, MA, MSc, PGDRM
|Teaching Areas: Hotel Management, Front Office Management|
|Research Areas : Hotel Management, Culinary Tourism.|
|Interests : Travelling and Nature Photography|
- Tewari, J.R. (2009). Hotel Front Office Operations and Management. New Delhi: Oxford University Press India, 1/e ISBN: 0-19-569919-X Total no. of pages 451. 2/e in 2016
Chapters in Book:
- Tewari, J.R. (2008). Emerging Trends in Hospitality Industry-I, In Bagri, S.C. & Dahiya, A.(Eds.) Introduction to Hospitality Industry: A Text Book. New Delhi: Aman Publications, ISBN No.: 81-8204-048-9 pp. 159-171.
- Tewari, J.R. & Dixit, M. (2014). Gastronomic Tourists’ Paradise: Lucknow. In Rai, S.; Katiyar, S.; Singh, W. & Sachan, V.S. (Eds.) Tourism and Hospitality: Prospects and Challenges. New Delhi: Shree Publishers & Distributors, ISBN No.: 978-81-8329-743-1
- Tewari, J.R. (2016). Knowledge of Nutrition, Food Safety and Hygienic Practices of Street Food Venders of Lucknow, India. In Shiv Mohan Verma et.al. (Eds.) Challenges and Opportunities in Tourism and Hospitality Sector. Bharti Publications, New Delhi
- 48 Chapters in nine Self Learning Material for Diploma and Undergraduate programmes offered by Uttarakhand Open University
Awards & Honours:
- Hospitality Educator Award (University Teaching) IHCEA-2014 conferred by Indian Hospitality Congress for academic contribution in field of Hotel Management education, facilitated in National Conference organized by School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, D Y Patil University, Navi Mumbai on 5th - 6th February 2015.
- Best hospitality Teacher (North India) 2016 Award conferred by Bhikaji Cams Subharti Institute of Hotel Management a constituent college of Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut for academic contribution in field of Hotel Management education, facilitated in 2nd International Conference on Challenges and Opportunities in Tourism & Hospitality Sector(COTHS-2016) on 26th -27th November 2016.
Research Papers & Articles Published:
- Tewari, J.R. (2006). Relationship Marketing: The Mantra for successful hospitality business. Management Today, Volume 6, Issue 2, August 2006 pp 5-7, ISSN No. : 0973-5550
- Tewari, J.R. (2013). Monumental Heritage in Lucknow: Is host population aware of monumental heritage? Indian Journal of Applied Research, Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp. 96-97, ISSN No.: 2249-555X, Impact Factor 0.8215
- Tewari, J.R. & Gangotia, A. (2013). Perceived attributes of Kumauni food from the prospective of tourist. Pacific Hospitality Review, Vol. 1 Issue 1, Jan-June 2013 pp.51-55, ISSN No.: 2310-1398
- Tewari, J.R. & Dixit, M. (2014). Nawabs of Awadh and their Cuisine: A Historical Perspective. RIPPLES, August 2014 pp. 49-55, ISSN No.: 2229-6794
- Tewari, J.R. & Dixit, M. (2014). Awareness and Acceptability of Awadhi Cuisine: A Study of Academic Staff College, Lucknow. Avahan-A Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Vol. 2 Issue 1 September 2014 pp. 133-140, ISSN No.: 2347-4556
- Tewari, J.R. & Ramola, S. (2015).Tourism in Pauri Garhwal: Opportunities and Challenges.Pacific Hospitality Review, Vol. 3 Issue 5, Jan-June 2015 pp. 93-98, ISSN No.: 2310-1398
- Tewari, J.R. (2015). Learner support services for effective learning of hospitality and tourism through open and distance learning mode. Global Journal for Research Analysis, Vol., Issue 4, pp.20-21, ISSN No. 2277-8160, Impact Factor 3.1218
- Tewari, J.R. (2015). Tourist Awareness about how to travel sustainably and responsibly.PARIPEX-Indian Journal of Research, Vol. 4, Issue 3, pp. 63-64 ISSN No.: 2250-1991Impact Factor 3.4163
- Tewari, J.R. (2015). Local Cuisine: An Attraction for Tourists. Avahan-A Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Vol. 3 Issue 1 September 2015 pp. 42-47, ISSN No.: 2347-4556
- Tewari, J.R. (2015). Local Food and Beverage in Tourism: The Cuisine of Lucknow. Indian Journal of Applied Hospitality & Tourism Research, ISSN No.: 0975-4954
- Tewari, J.R. (2016). Food in Tourism: From Traveller’s Food to Food Tourism. PATH: Progressive Approach to Tourism & Hospitality, paper accepted for publication.
Papers Presented in Seminars, Conferences, Congresses & Workshops:
- Presented 32 Papers in various national and international conferences organised by reputed universities and centres/institutes of higher learning.
Workshops & Training Program Attended:
- Participated in 3 week Special Winter School from 05th December 2014 to 27th December 2014 organized by UGC- Academic Staff College, University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Attended Orientation Programme at UGC- Academic Staff College, University of Lucknow, Lucknow (4 Weeks duration 11th Nov. 2013 to 09th Dec. 2013)
- Attended a Two days Workshop on SPSS organized by Directorate of Research, Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani.(7th and 8th January 2013).
- Attended a Two days Workshop on LaTeX: The Language of Scientific Writing organized by School of CS & IT, Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani.(15th and 16th March 2013).
- Attended a Four days Workshop on Open and Distance Learning organized by School of Humanities, Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani in collaboration with STRIDE, IGNOU, New Delhi (19th March 2013 to 22nd March 2013).
- Lifetime membership of Indian Hospitality congress, India.
- Lifetime member of Indian Tourism and Hospitality Congress, India (formerly known as Indian Tourism Congress)
Session Chaired/Resource person/Invited lectures in Seminar & Conferences:
- Chaired session and key address on main theme in National Seminar titled “Ucch shiksha aur Mukt vishwavidalaya kee sambhavaanayen” on 2nd December 2014 at Pauri Garhwal organized by Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani.
- Chaired session and key address on main theme in international Seminar titled “International Conference on Emerging Trends in Hospitality and Tourism Sector” on 21st-22nd November 2015 at Bhikaji Cama Subharti Instute of Hotel Management, Subharti University, Meerut
- Delivered invited lecture on “Career opportunities in the Tourism and Hospitality Sector” in Mangalayatan University, Aligarh on 10th February 2016
- Delivered key address on “Prospects of Alternative Tourism in Uttarakhand” on the occasion of World Tourism Day on 1st October 2015 in Uttarakhand Open University, Haldwani
- Chaired session and key address on main theme in international Seminar titled “International Conference on Emerging Trends in Hospitality and Tourism Sector” on 26th -27th November 2016 at Bhikaji Cama Subharti Instute of Hotel Management, Subharti University, Meerut